Thursday, April 14, 2022

"Favorites"

I've been making a few blocks of the month all year, using an interesting light print with burgundy and hints of aqua and gold.  It has a fallish look, and I suspect will be done around then, too.  I'm incorporating the guild 12" blocks for each month as well as those from Aby Dolinger's "Favorites" quilt along.   I enjoyed working on this month's blocks as Aby's directions are really clear and easy to follow.


I'm not sure what I'm going to accomplish today.  Paul has a doctor's appointment, so I'll spend a little time reading while I wait this morning.  If it's walkable out (rain is predicted), we'll try to sneak one or two in.  Yesterday's trip to Joann Fabrics netted all sorts of notions for miscellaneous projects - curtain tie backs, a linen tote bag, etc.   I've been thinking about making goodie bags for family attending Mom's 100th birthday party in June, so I thought I'd try one from Lazy Girl Designs as a sample.  And then there's the perennial question...  what to make for dinner?

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow your mom is going to be 100 this summer - so I assume you are getting in a vacation as well and see the lovely mountains while there. Hope Paul's appointment goes well. The link didn't work for me to see the BOM that you are following