Thursday, April 21, 2022

Where is spring?

 Tuesday morning, I'd planned to go to Burlington for lunch and a little shopping with Pauline before dropping Harriet's Journey off at the Champlain Valley Quilt Show.   As they say, "the best laid plans..."  We awoke to a few inches of sloppy, wet snow, and I arranged to deliver the quilt a few hours earlier than planned so I could drive home in the light.

By the time I hit the road, snow had turned to rain, making for wet travel and a good deal of fog around here.  Still, I made it just fine for a nice lunch with Pauline, after which I drove over a bit early to the church hall to deliver the quilt.  I'd planned to read in the parking lot, but a lady drove in not long after I arrived.  She turned out to be Mary, who I was to meet, so I helped her unload and set up before being her in-take guinea pig.  The roads were clear and the sun was out by the time I headed for home.   

I arrived home with 45 minutes to relax before heading down to our local guild meeting.  The program was "First and Last," a major show and tell.  We were to bring our first quilts or those that inspired us, as well as our most recent.  "Spooky" brought a recently acquired antique that I would like to use as inspiration for a new quilt sometime soon.  I love appliqueing melon pieces and have never seen them arranged this way before.  The soft colors are just up my alley.

I'll see the show Sunday afternoon before picking my quilt up at 5 pm.  It's exciting to go to a show in person after all these years of virtual-only activity.  Unfortunately, the Vermont Quilt Festival won't be happening until 2023, so this show will be "it" for me this year.


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I heard you all were getting snow one more time this past couple days - it should be almost the last snow this spring? sounds like a busy day!