Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Farewell, my lovely

I so rarely sell anything on etsy that I forget what I have in the "shop."  This Hunter's Star quilt sold overnight so I'll be finding a box and getting it in the mail today.  It's exciting to sell something, yet also a little sad that I'll never see it again.  

I gave the Accuquilt die I used to Krista because I don't plan to make another one of these.  I have too many other quilts lined up for the future.  In fact, there are two pizza boxes in the closet with patterns and background fabrics just waiting to be used.  I also have several other patterns I hope to make in 2024.  

Due to our town's recent flood, I spent last week burning off nervous energy by sorting my strings by color and then sewing 6" log cabin-ish blocks out of them.  I now have 78 ROYGBIV as well as brown/beige and black/gray blocks all ready to sew together, colorwash style.   I made a new date to learn the long arm at the local quilt shop, and I hope to get the hankie quilt put together soon.  Maybe today?  I hate to have a project hang around half-done for too long.

Due

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congrats on the sale, I still have my Hunter's Star to quilt - I might get to it the end of the year but not sure, I have a different one that will go on the frame next. How is all the flood situation going - major clean up for the town I imagine on this still and will last another couple weeks?