Friday, July 7, 2023

Visiting Capstone

 Yesterday's Friends of the Library adventure went pretty well.  We have long talked about putting some small batches of books from our book sale area into waiting rooms, and Capstone (formerly "Community Action") was our first site.  I was going to advertise on the online bulletin board that we were looking for a small bookcase for the collection, but then I was driving home one day and saw one on the side of the road.  I find it so messy when people put free stuff out on their lawns, but this time I was happy.  The lawn was across the street from Alan's house, so as soon as I got home, I called him to go over to have a look.  It was just the right size, so he got it, stored it in his barn, and later delivered it to Capstone.

Meanwhile, I picked out three boxes of books - mostly children's, but some popular adult.  Yesterday, Jo, Alan, and I delivered them.  The whole set up looks like it was made for the spot, and the staff at Capstone seemed really pleased.  They have a nice waiting area for their clients who will be encouraged to take books home, bring in some to trade, or give the books to friends.  Jo will be tending the collection weekly, seeing what people seem to want and adding new books as we go.  


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always nice to put books out for people to read!