Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Staying home - all OK

 

This was the scene downtown yesterday at 5 pm.  I hate to think what all the business owners are going to be coping with.  Their basements are a mess!  People, including business owners, are being asked not to go downtown before noon today.  They hope the flood waters will recede a bit by then.  I imagine the sludge on the streets will make driving difficult anyway.

My long arm class this morning was cancelled, of course, but we will reschedule for another time.  Mary didn't sound too concerned about the store.  She didn't see any water using her cameras, but the parking lot may be impassable for a while.  

A number of major roads, including a stretch of the interstate, are closed.  I hope things improve because some people were stranded last night.  We felt very lucky not to lose power, TV, phone, internet.  Being up the hill at 1200 feet on blacktop is a big help.  I was afraid to go down into our basement this morning, but Paul says everything is fine.  Phew!  I'll be sewing more strippy log cabin blocks today as I stay tuned to developments via phone and Facebook alerts.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad to hear you had no flooding in your basement either. I feel for all those who have houses or businesses affected - that sure is a lot of flooding that they were showing on the news