Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Blocks of the month

 

Here are the sixteen blocks I won at guild this week.  I can't remember the name of the block - ribbon star?  Another quilter who couldn't come to the meeting is mailing me two more, so if I make 2 more (eventually!), I'll have 20 blocks to sash (red or green?) and quilt for a nice throw.  

One person attached a note saying that she was sorry but she forgot to wash her red fabric, but I will give try hand washing it in the sink.   I imagine some of the reds will run, so the first time I wash them all as a quilt, I'll use color catchers.

Interestingly enough, I promised my friend Pauline that I'd make her some placemats after the holidays, and the colors are burgundy, dark green, and medium blue, so very similar to these blocks.  I have a nice Waverly print to use on the back.  But first I'll be concentrating on the holidays AND the collage quilt!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope your blocks all measured the same size - I won some once and one was so much smaller I had to place a border around the block to use it!!