Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Last year's purple quilt

I seem to make at least one purple quilt each year.  Last year, I won the guild Blocks of the Month, a purple floating star, and finally finished it in a few weeks ago.   I love purple, but I will be finding a charity to give this twin-sized quilt to.  Here I am showing and telling at Monday night's guild meeting.

I now have a stack of Christmas ribbon star blocks that I won at the December guild meeting to put together sometime this year.  I'll probably set them in a similar manner.

Also at Monday's guild meeting, I did a little demo of disappearing four patch blocks.  In preparing for the demo, I discovered an alternative that occurs when you cut the four patch block on the diagonal.  I really like it, so I may try making a whole multi-colored quilt of this pattern sometime.  Here I am showing the two methods.  

I had thought to use the disappearing four patch to make a baby quilt for my niece Susan in the Netherlands.  She and her husband Arjan are expecting in June and are big Disney fans, having been to Disney World at least 3 times and to Disney Paris, too.  

But the charm squares I got show very small motifs, so I will most likely just make a very colorful square inside a square for her baby quilt.  I will probably start that when we get back from Alabama in early March.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

purple makes for good quilts