Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Crunch time" is here

This year's Central Vermont Quilt Show is less than two weeks away, and things are pretty much on schedule. Yesterday, Laurette and I spent some time at Shaw's selling raffle tickets, and more are to be sold next weekend at Lenny's. Small quilts by guild members are going in at least 20 downtown merchants' windows by the 29th to publicize the show. We have a timetable for set up and take down, and a bunch of volunteers lined up.

As we wait for the Big Day, I am burning some nervous energy sewing. This past week, I made two small log cabin quilts in traditional blue and red, and Friday I put together a Project Linus quilt kit I'd had hanging around for six months. I need to get up to Joann's later today because I don't like the fabric the P.L. people put in for the border. It clashes terribly. But I hope to be finished by the end of the day. My newer sewing machine needs to be taken in for its annual service, but I'm afraid I might need it between now and the show.

I also discovered a great block of the month online ("In the Pink" - link at right) that I might get ready for. It has tulips and seems like just my style. Quilt therapy is just what I need right now.

No comments: