Monday, April 5, 2010

Welcome Spring! library raffle basket

I just finished putting together this month's Friends of the Library raffle basket. Every spring, the owner of the Jail Branch Greenhouse gives us a box of essentials and a $20 gift certificate. I add a book related to gardening and put it all together in a basket. This year's basket was one Chris rescued from a friend's trash. Amazing how everyone is pulling for me to keep this project up. It doesn't make a lot for the library over the year, but people seem to enjoy it.


Besides The Vegetable Gardener's Bible by Vermont author Ed Smith, the basket includes a garden placque, seed starting medium, tree wrap, wooden lables, a cute flower pot with a face, spray bottle, mini rake, gardening gloves, landscaping fabric, plant foods, and a wrought iron plant hanger. I couldn't get the hanger or the book into the basket. So I put the book under the basket and shrink wrapped them together. The hanger will have to sit under the circ. desk for the winner to claim. But I did put a picture of it on the poster. I'd like one myself!


The last few days have been very spring-like, offering us all inspiration for planting. We grilled the first burgers of the season yesterday for Easter dinner. But it was 33 degrees this morning, so we have returned to more seasonable weather.

No comments: