Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No time to post!

With the Central Vermont Quilt Show only a few weeks away, I am working steadily on all things quilt! Last week, Suzy and I visited featured quilter Kathie Alyce to discuss the layout of her area and look at candidates for her retrospective. I am pleased with what we came up with as it is more of an art exhibit that people can sit and enjoy. Kathie will have a vending table elsewhere near the other vendors.

I've also been making up the little ribbons using our show logo. Judy will come over and help me finish them the week before. Marilyn printed the logo on fabric which I cut and sewed in 4.5" x 4.5" squares. Now I'm writing on ribbon which we'll attach and then quilt the little squares. Writing on ribbon is hard because you have to find a pen that doesn't bleed.

I'm writing to all the entrants, getting an ad together for The World newspaper, and laying out the floor. Paula and I went up to the quilt show in St. Albans Sunday to scout around. I was pleased to see that their City Hall lighting was perhaps a little worse than ours at the Old Labor Hall. We're having a committee meeting today to discuss final details, and next week we'll be recruiting volunteers at the Heart of Vermont guild meeting.

The Calico County Quilters' wallhanging is ready to enter into the show and, afterwards, the Vermont Quilt Festival. (I signed up for two classes at VQF this year - can't wait!) Now I have to sew the sleeve onto my entry into the show.

Meanwhile, Paul is gearing up for Primo Maggio at the Old Labor Hall. He'll be going on "Across the Fence" sometime during the week of April 26, so I'll drive him and Karen over for the taping on Friday morning. Gave him a haircut yesterday and need to iron a shirt! The main speaker for the dinner April 30 is coming from England with his wife, and they'll be staying with us. I have a quilt I'm sewing the binding onto now and hope to have it done for them to sleep under.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it sounds like you are a "take charge person" you must be so busy with all the organizing!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/