Friday, August 20, 2010

A coupla quilt photos



Here are a few things I've finished in the last weeks. First is a stack n whack using police fabric. I decided to give it to my cousin Nicoline's husband, Piet, who will be retiring from his job as a Dutch police officer at the end of the year.


Next, there's "Willy's Log Cabin," a quilt started by my aunt Willy Baljet. She made the very precise log cabin center. Each block was made on a muslin foundation and include some polished cottons. There were two strips of what I think of as flower pots, too, which Tante Wil pieced entirely by hand. I have been pondering how to put this together for a number of years, since my cousin Nicoline, Wil's daughter, delivered it and a whole suitcase full of fabric and UFOs. Now that it is finished, I'm going to give it to Nicoline.



No comments: