Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reviewing my UFO list

I am not a great fan of to-do lists, but I do keep a UFO (UnFinished Object, a/k/a Works in Progress) list. It helps me keep track of the various things I have started. These are stashed in the closet on hangers, in pizza boxes (one is under the bed), and elsewhere. Along with UFOs, I make a list of projects I have completed, and it really is an eye-opener. Yesterday I actually finished two projects. One I started and finished, and the other has been languishing for several months.

Surfing around, I found a very cute pattern for a pin cushion shaped like a little tote bag at www.poorhousequiltdesigns.com. Click "shop," and then "free patterns." I couldn't resist cutting it out, and one thing led to another. Before I knew it, I was finished. While I was cleaning up after that, I noticed a Christmas stocking I had started in May. Our guild makes them to fill for needy kids, and I had the front of one all done. I cut out a back, but did it wrong, so I needed to cut out another back and the lining. I did this and sewed it all together in about half an hour. Another UFO done!

My finished projects list includes 3 lap-sized quilts, two wallhangings, one more quilt top ready for quilting, a Dear Jane block for my secret pal, and yesterday's two projects. Amazing!

No comments: