Friday, August 6, 2010

Seven interesting things

On another blog, the person told seven interesting things about herself, so I thought I would follow suit:

1. I love licorice. My old and very proper Tante Pim said this is a sign that I am really Dutch. For my birthday, Paul gave me a box of All Sorts, which I am hoarding but enjoying tremendously.

2. I am afraid of heights - can't climb up more than 2 steps on a ladder, can't climb on roofs, have trouble looking down from towers and high landmarks (although I suck it up and do it usually). At Mesa Verde, I apologized to Paul but said, at the last minute, that I just didn't think I could go on a tour of one of the cliff dwellings because I saw people climbing a huge and very unsteady-looking ladder out of the dwelling at the end of the tour.

3. I love cats even though we now have a dog. I still miss Digger and Shep, my two longest-lived kitties. But I don't think I'll ever get another one since I hate cleaning cat boxes.

4. I was always a closet purple lover until the book "Color Me Beautiful" came out and I found I am a "summer" (as opposed to a winter, autumn, or spring in coloring). I cleaned out my closet, got rid of all the olive and oranges and happily started wearing purple and hot pink. Mom had always said that purple was for old ladies, but I notice she sometimes wears it now, too.

5. If I had to choose one food that I couldn't live without, it would have to be pizza.

6. I would like to travel to Prince Edward Island (home of Anne of Green Gables), Alaska (home of the protagonists in Sue Henry's mysteries), England (home of my favorite authors Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer), and Hawaii (to see the quilts).

7. My family is very important to me. I have two brothers, Axel and Rob, and a sister, Jenny. I wish we all lived closer together, but I do enjoy visiting them or having them visit us here. In 2000, I learned I had two more siblings, Jacqueline and Edwin, in the Netherlands. I was surprised and pleased to have an even wider circle.

No comments: