Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy August!

Here it is, August 1, and this morning I had to wear my fleece hoodie to the grocery store. I hate the thought that summer is roaring to its inevitable end. A tree top, visible from our dining room, is beginning to change colors. Paul says it must be diseased but I think it's just an early "bloomer."

Yesterday was a great day. I turned 62 - already signed up for Social Security and, when we go to pay our taxes, we'll both be eligible for Green Mountain passes. We'll pay $2 for lifetime entry into state parks and historical sites. I had calls from Mom and Dad and Axel, a visit from Chris, great presents to unwrap, and a very nice day. Paul and I went to see "Always... Patsy Cline" at St. Michael's Playhouse and had dinner at Lucia's afterwards.

Today I am updating my quilt journal. I have a year's worth of pictures to enter. Looking at my UFO list, I had a productive July, too. I finished quilting and binding "Rainbow Sylvia" on Friday, finished quilting Piet's cop quilt, made two tops for Camp Agape, made a few Dear Jane blocks ahead for my Secret Pal, and finished and delivered three small quilts to the Mad River charity quilt auction. I thought I was stash busting, but couldn't resist Dee's birthday special. Bought 10 yards of fabric!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy Birthday - have fun at all the parks :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/