Sunday, January 23, 2011

Brrrr!

I haven't left the house since Thursday when I went grocery shopping first thing in the morning, and to A Quilter's Garden and JoAnn Fabrics for supplies. It is just too cold. Tonight the temperature is predicted to go down to 30 below, and tomorrow the high is predicted to be zero. Poor Max wants to go out because the sun is shining, but when he gets out, he tries to walk on 3 feet at a time. He moves from room to room, trying to stay in the sun, and I don't blame him. Having been house-bound for so long, I thought very briefly about going out for brunch today, but made multi-grain waffles for lunch instead. I can't remember when I last made waffles, but whenever I do, I realize how easy they really are and pledge to make them more often. If Pauline and Bob come for their traditional Valentine's weekend, I will try to remember.

Today I'm appliqueing the last of nine 16" blocks, this one with a fall oak leaf motif. This morning I made a test block for the Friendship Block Swap beginning soon. It's called "Prairie Flower" from Quilters Cache and, while a little tricky, isn't too hard. I think the final result will be very nice since everyone participating will autograph the center. This test block will find a home in my black, white, and a hint of red quilt, a work in progress.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is way too cold for me!! I feel so sorry for all of you in the north and here I whine and complain because it is damp and in the low 40's today and rained. We stayed in today although we did get out and wandered around yesterday. I love waffles!
Stay warm
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/