Sunday, January 2, 2011

Projects for the new year

I copied this from Pat's blog and she from Anne Ida. I am encouraged to make a semi-resolution since I have several quilts going at once. I have the following going:


1. Candy Land wallhanging - finish quilting, bind

2. Irish chain - swap blocks are ready to swap

3. Black and white - large medallion has been made, waiting for block swap to begin (blocks due in June)

4. Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, vol. 2 appliqued quilt - one block finished, two prepped for applique, others chosen

5. Batik squares - make back, quilt and bind

6. Civil War - guild square robin due back to me in June

7. Blue knitted vest - finished back and am on the two sides


There are two fairly certain new projects coming up, both from the Friendship Swap group on Yahoo! - a row robin and a virtual block a week in pink and brown. To be very realistic, I don't think I'm going to knit the second pink striped sock since I hate the way the first heel turned out. It's too holey to wear! I think I will chalk it all up to experience and maybe start over with something else after I finish the vest.


I said I would do a demo on trapunto for the March guild meeting and made my samples last week. Finishing Candy Land would be nice for that demo, too.


Two other possible projects that are smaller include making a jacket out of the Classic Auto Exchange sweatshirt I received after buying a used car in December and designing a bookshelf quilt as an autobiography. The former will use some Australian fabric I have in my stash and the other will take some time to design. Both should be fun!

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it sounds like you have a bit planned to keep you busy this year! I know I will be starting new projects but want to finish ones already started as well.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Pat from Florida said...

Whew! Quite a list! I'd love to see your trapunto. I did some a long time ago. I haven't done it in ages! Oh no, do I feel another project coming on???