Saturday, February 18, 2012

The "reveal"

Our Calico County quilt group met today to reveal of our challenge quilts. Polly made an iPad case out of her ugly/pretty fabrics, and only added one other fabric. Elaine made a picture frame - printed a photo of her grandson onto fabric and framed it in the pretty turquoise plus a dark blue. The back has her "ugly." Alma made a basket quilt block and used my "ugly" which was a basket weave I have been shuffling past for years. Pat got a bright yellow and a piece with faces of girls. She made a wallhanging of a school bus with the girls looking out the windows - fabulous!

The only person to bring her Stack & Whack blocks was Rebecca. I hope to get mine put together before our next meeting. I think Polly is well on her way to finishing her top. We discussed UFOs, and it seems we all have them except Polly who works on one thing at a time. Wish I had taken my camera today. Maybe next time.

No comments: