Saturday, April 14, 2012

Busy morning

I like to get all my "work" done in the mornings and just goof off all afternoon.   Sometimes "work" involves errands, and sometimes it means housework, laundry, etc.  This morning was one such, as I started out vaccuuming upstairs.  After shelling some pecans, I got the laundry started, and then Paul and I took the "over-the-john" cabinet to the ReStore.  We had our bathroom painted Wednesday, and it looks so nice and airy without the cabinet, I decided just to hang a towel bar there.  Sometime this week, we'll find the right thing and put it up.  Some art or a little quilt can hang over it.  I like the new pink color and rosebud curtains.
 
After we got home, I mixed up some granola with pecans, roasted almonds, formed hamburgers for freezing, and made some chili for tonight's taco salad.  I sewed a little on a binding and did another load of laundry.  Paul said it looked like an awful lot of activity, but I think women are generally better at multitasking than men.  Perhaps we are just more experienced out of necessity.  My former boss used to say that if men had to get a Thanksgiving dinner on the table, we'd still be waiting.

Now I plan to sit down with The Limpopo Detective Academy, the latest by Alexander McCall Smith, and wile away the afternoon!

No comments: