Monday, April 9, 2012

Red and White blocks

Last week, after swapping and mailing back red and white 12" quilt blocks, I decided to see how mine would look together.  I tested out a variety of settings and decided that the traditional would be best - white sashing and various red cornerstones.  It's coming together nicely.  I've decided to quilt it myself, in 3 sections, and two sections are done.  Today I'll try to finish the last section before hanging them up in the closet for quilting later. 

At first, I was going to make the quilt with 30 blocks, but then decided to make it a little bigger, 36 blocks.  That meant making a few more blocks, even though I had a few extra from the Just Takes 2 quilt along.   I have to think about a final border but that can wait until it's quilted and I have all the sections together.  Piano keys?  Plain strips?  Squares?  We'll see!

It's supposed to rain most of the week which is a good excuse to stay home and quilt.  Next up will be quilting the last third of an Amish quilt which the guild will raffle off to benefit the library this summer.  AND my rendition of the guild's challenge quilt is due in May, so I've got to get that quilted, too.  Lots to do!

No comments: