- I did a couple of Grandmother's Choice blocks a few days ago, and today there's a new weekly block which I'll work on tomorrow. These are more difficult than they might seem because they're an odd size - 8" finished. I'm using muslin as a background and scraps of many colors for this one.
- I made the guild block of the month, a 12" square in a square, with a snowflake in the center. This is another stashbuster, in blues and greens.
- I have yet to do this month's guild "block robin" block, but I did look at Jennine's fabrics and picked out a 9" block to make.
- Cornucopia of Thanks is a monthly quilt along I've been doing online. I had ten blocks done and need 16. Today I made 3 more, way ahead of the group. But it's one project that I can see an end to, so I hope to work on the last 3 blocks in the coming week. I have the sashing and cornerstones done, too, so it won't be hard to finish.
- There are nine 12" signature blocks from an online group that need to be put together. Maybe I will leave them until it's time to put together the Around the World swap blocks made with the same group. They might be a good basis for the back?
- I'm expecting some Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Christmas swap blocks any day now. Shall I make a table runner? I'll have to wait and see how they "play" together.
- The Calico County challenge fabric is hanging on my design wall for inspiration. One is a blue/brown print and the other a soft yellow. I have almost decided to make a basket block with them. Maybe it will just be a hotpad, since the finished product needs to be no more than 12". This means a trip to the LQS to get some "Insulbrite."
- And then there's that pesky L'il Twister block I made last week and a box of disconnected (a/k/a orphan) blocks I was going to put together into a 2012 "memory" quilt.
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Working on UFOs
The news is so horrific and such a contrast to what this holiday season should be all about. As therapy, I am buried in fabric and working hard on various UFOs. The other day I did a little assessment and found I have eight projects going on right now. That's a few too many, even for me: