Saturday, December 8, 2012

L'il Twister


This summer, I hosted a swap of floral charm squares (5" squares) for an online group.  It was tough to swap them out because many people sent quite a few squares to swap.  Each set of five was in a slippery baggie.  Only two duplicates in the whole bunch, though, so everyone got a good variety.  Since then, the charms have been in a box waiting to be used, so last weekend I got a few out and used my "L'il Twister" tool to make this piece.  I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with it but I do have a few ideas.  First, I have to finish sewing the binding down on Susan's blue and white quilt, and then I'm going to quilt CJ's Bento Box throw.  As I'm working on these, I'll be thinking!

It's been a busy week, but luckily next week will be a little less frenetic.  In the past week, I attended meetings of the town recreation committee, the Central Vermont Quilt Show committee, and the board of the Vermont Institute for Government, a musical program for seniors at the library, and the Christmas farmer's market, along with helping at the Vermont Historical Society.  In between, I did some Christmas shopping and wrapping.  Phew!  This afternoon I'll be at the Calico County Quilters meeting - fun!

No comments: