Thursday, December 27, 2012

Going around the world


So far we have had about 14" of snow in the last 24 hours, and it's still snowing.  I don't know if I'll be able to get down to the Historical Society tomorrow to volunteer. 

I spent the morning today cutting fat quarters out of the fabric I got for the "Around the World" swap with an online group.  This is modeled after the swap in Jennifer Chiaverini's book Cross Country Quilters.  Each person sends a fat quarter to the others who make blocks representing themselves and send them back.  We have quite a bit of time to do this, but the weather was perfect for cutting the FQs, addressing envelopes, writing notes and including a return mailing label. I will get the international ones (to Canada, the UK, and Australia) to the post office as soon as I fill out the customs forms and the roads clear.

When I get the FQs from the other 19 (so far) people in the swap, I'll be making Dutch[wo]man's Puzzle blocks.  I should be pretty good at making flying geese by the end of the swap!

We did go for a walk in the snow this afternoon, and the snow in the street (which had been plowed once) was up to Max's belly.  He hopped all the way but loved being in the snow.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that block - I have used it before. 14" wow, and here we got a measly 2 or 3 inches the other day although my daughter over by Little Rock got a lot more. Tonight we might be treated with a little ice - could do without that! I will have to wait until morning to see what we wake up to.