Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My MoJo is back

I have the binding sewn onto the big lime and black quilt, so I've been sewing it to the back whenever I feel like it.  No hurry - it's for us.  Meanwhile, I made 20 brown and pink 8" blocks for a little quilt which is all put together and waiting to be quilted.  THEN I made some blocks for an online block lotto:

I really like this block with its flying geese.  Wish I'd thought of it for my Around the World swap block.  I made one of those yesterday, too:

This has been a great swap for "shopping the stash" since the recipient wanted a black on white background and lavendar to go along with her funky floral.

The sun's shining today, so I will probably work on my binding some more.  It's black, so I have some trouble seeing it on gray days.  A friend told me that out of 30 days recently, we had 22.  Ugh!  I also plan to make some shu mai, little Chinese steamed dumplings, today.  Yum!  Guess I'll make some vegetable fried rice to go with it, too.

No comments: