Thursday, March 7, 2013

In a funk!

I haven't sewn anything quilty in a few days, even though I did quite a bit of fabric shopping Saturday.  On Sunday Lisa delivered my queen-sized lime and black quilt (as-yet-unnamed), and I did trim it on Monday.  It's looks lovely spread on the bed.  I have the fabric out to make the binding (black "Dimples" fabric), but the sheer size of the quilt keeps me from working on it.  I need about 400" of binding!

Tuesday, I procrastinated by sewing Chris' curtains which I had been procrastinating on for ages.  I got some kelly green fabric with black tractors in an auction last spring, and I thought it would be nice trim for the black curtains he wanted to block out the sun.  Living on the 3rd floor with tall windows, his place can get hot in summer.  It took Chris a while to measure,  and I needed about 10 yds.  So I waited until Joann Fabrics had moved into the new place to buy that quantity of polyester blend fabric with a 50% off coupon.  Then I found other projects to divert me, but Tuesday I couldn't delay any longer.  It didn't take too long, really, and he is happy with them.  I don't know why making curtains is such a chore.  Maybe it's just that they're dull?

I just don't feel like starting any sewing projects, probably because I have that darned binding to make.  So, the last couple of days, I've been busy at other things - making granola, doing laundry, going out to lunch, working on paperwork for the Central Vermont Quilt Show and the Green Mountain Quilters Guild - meeting minutes, budgets/spreadsheets, etc.  I've also been buried in two good books by Sara J. Henry - Learning to Swim and its sequel A Cold and Lonely Place.  They're mysteries set in the Adirondacks and very involving. 

OK, now that I've said it, guess I'll go cut 10 strips of 2.5" fabric for binding...

No comments: