Between downpours, I managed to get to the post office to mail them to Florida.
A couple of days ago, I put my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Christmas swap blocks together, using a technique called Circle of Nines. It's based on a book and you basically arrange nine blocks with spacers. I like the way this little table-topper-sized piece turned out.
I had been pondering how to set the nine patch blocks that we swapped in the Heart of Vermont guild since the March meeting, and I stumbled on a setting Bonnie Hunter was just developing. She has so many free patterns on her website that I can't find it again. Basically, the sashing is 1.5" unfinished and staggered. I even used light blue as she did in her example.
I finished the top today and like the zigzag effect of the sashing. I forgot I had the border fabric in my stash, and now it's 57" x 67", a good-sized throw and just about the maximum I can quilt comfortably on my Rose.
Sorry for the glare. When it stops being a flimsy, I'll post a finished picture in better light. Don't know if I'll get to it right away, but tomorrow I will start thinking about the back as well as how I might quilt it. Then again, it may just end up in the closet on a hanger along with a few other flimsies!