Thursday, January 8, 2015

A few more photos

Continuing with the pictures!

I love the way each of these quilts turned out, although I think my Ocean of Scraps (at left) looks much better in person.  I used a teal fossil fern and lots of 2" squares that I have been accumulating for a long time. 

The vine was my own design although the pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting (April, 2014) showed a vine border also.  I thought the original was too skinny.  I quilted the center on a grid and outline quilted the vine. 

The next quilt is based on Jennifer Chiaverini's Loyal Union Sampler.  I participated in a block of the week quilt along last year, but knew that I wouldn't be able to stick with it over a whole year.  I like to get things finished.  So I added blocks from Liz Lois' book Nearly Insane (received from my friend Karen).  I am titling this quilt "Nearly Insane Civil War Sampler," and I'm entering both quilts in the Central Vermont Quilt Show, April 24 & 25 this year.

With the new year, I've started a couple of new projects.  Can't be sitting idle!  And I do love starting new projects.  I decided to participate in a Pat Sloan block of the month called "Vacation Time," and I plan to use as many orange fabrics as I can.  The blocks are 12" so a year's worth will make a pretty good-sized quilt.  I'm also participating in another "Around the World" swap (9" blocks this year) using my Indonesian blue fabrics, and I'm working on a "Rainbow Scrap Challenge" based on one I saw on SoScrappy's blog last year.  More photos are in the offing!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the quilts - so glad you were able to get use out of the book!! I have not missed it so I am glad I passed it on along to you :)