Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Quilts in progress

I finished quilting a string quilt for Parkinsons the other day but it was too gloomy for photography.  Today it's blue sky sunny, so I got the camera out.  I don't know why, but I really don't like string quilts.  Maybe it's the less than orderly way the colors appear.  I'm going to have to find a new way to use strings - maybe go back to my old wacky log cabins.  These blocks are 6" with dark strings in the middle of each.  I think it looks better in the photo than in real life, but I do hope it brings someone comfort.


I noticed that I had only one more quilt top waiting to be quilted, and I had the backing and binding all ready to go.  It snowed a lot overnight and I didn't want to go out yesterday, so I got busy basting and now I'm working on the granny square UFO I finished this summer.  I'm having trouble uploading photos this morning - maybe later!  Actualy, I now have the granny top I'm quilting and I also have another scrappy Parkinsons quilt top I finished over the weekend.  A quilter's work is never done.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the quilt! I have seen a lot like this on pinterest lately and was thinking of making some out of my boxes of strings of which I have more than any one quilter needs!! I probably have enough strings to make a queen size or two