Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Antelope Canyon is finished

Yesterday was a lovely day - temperatures in the 70s with low humidity, the way summer in Vermont should be!  Paul was taking some photos so I got into the act also.

This quilt, Antelope Canyon, designed by Laurie Shifrin, has been finished for a while but it was just too hot and muggy out to take a good photo.  I still want to take a picture of the whole quilt, but that will require two people to hold it up.  Next time Chris comes over and the sun shines, we'll get a full photo.  Meanwhile, here it is, hanging over my neighbor's deck railing.
This quilt used two jelly rolls (I took a few pieces out because I didn't like the colors) and several yards each of two different blacks that I cut into 2.5" and 1.5" strips - a very tedious process!  I don't usually follow patterns, but I'm glad I did on this one because I really like the result.  The photo shows the pattern much better than holding the quilt in person.  On a bed it should really look good.  Marie quilted it with her longarm in a modern, flying triangles overall design.  

No comments: