Wednesday, February 20, 2019

"Another one bites the dust..."

That's a line from a song by Queen, although I think the expression is one that has been used years before.  We saw the movie Bohemian Rhapsody the other night.  It had a very typical show biz biography plot, but it was still engaging, perhaps because of the music?  Anyway, I don't think it was the best picture of 2018, but I really liked it.

Meanwhile, I started quilting this year's Bonnie Hunter "Good Fortune" mystery quilt on Sunday, and this morning, I finished stitching the binding down.  I decided that, because the top was a little bumpy and lumpy and because of the slight wave in the border, I would go with simple grids - 2.75" wide in the center and about 2" in the last border.  That worked well, and I like the tea-dyed muslin back for its softness.

The binding is one of those neutrals that I have used in a lot of quilts; I think I finally am down to just a few scraps left.  It was given to me by a quilting friend who was destashing when she moved.   As you can see, the outside border isn't like Bonnie's.  I thought the colors went together better this way, and the arrangement helped me quilt the border grid easily.

It feels so good to cross another thing off the list of UFOs!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow a finish and I am still working on my last border and then it will be on the quilting frame for 3 or 4 months