Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Another snow day

We had about 6" of snow overnight but it's still falling.  Schools are closed, and everyone seems to be staying in (unless they have to go to work).  I think it will stop fairly soon because it's already winding down.  Today my biggest decisions will be whether to read (I'm very far into the first Vera Stanhope mystery, The Crow Trap by Ann Cleeves) or to sew (I have a few more blocks to put together for the guild mystery quilt).  Guess I'll do both!  We are planning on bacon and blueberry whole wheat pancakes for lunch and leftover chicken casserole for dinner.  I love snow days!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wonder what people who do not have hobbies do in the states where you are covered in snow half the winter - just watch tv? I can't imagine. Snow days sure let you get some cooking, sewing, quilting and reading done for sure - we have had one day so far this winter with flurries and it is brown and wet outside from all the rain we have had but there are some green here and there from spring bulbs coming and yellow from early daffodils. Still a lot of cold days though.