Monday, February 4, 2019

Slow and steady

I've been quilting the bookshelf quilt for the last few days, and enjoying myself immensely.  I'm doing mostly in-the-ditch quilting between books and along the "wood" so far.   The Boundless blender I got on sale is working well for the back.  I love its soft "hand."

I'll change the top thread to black when I get to the background on the shelves but will leave the bobbin thread cream.  I must confess that sometimes my stitching runs over the ditch onto the black, but I have a black pigma pen handy to coverup the oopsies.

In between quilting sessions, I've been doing things around the house and reading.  Our friend Manny is working on an article for a historical journal, so I've been proofreading/editing that when I can.  I finished The Patchwork Bride by Sandra Dallas yesterday and enjoyed it, not as much as some of her books, but it's hard to top The Persian Pickle Club and Prayers for Sale.  I do love Dallas descriptions of life in old Colorado ranches and mining towns.

Today's agenda includes banking and making a Wacky Cake for a pot luck supper tonight.  I'll make some followup phone calls for the Friends of the Library auction in March and, I hope, an appointment for a long-overdue oil change.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

thanks for mentioning the oil I need to check and see when I need it! I take care of all that on my car as Mike is not good at remembering anything! Good idea to use the pigma pen on the top looking forward to seeing it done. Have you seen the bookcase quilt that is more light color now than dark? it has other things on the bookcases besides books - books, vases, ornaments etc I can't remember now where I saw it