Monday, April 22, 2019

No snow this Easter!

Easter turned out to be ideal.  Hope you had a nice one, too.  Ten years ago, our first Easter in this house, it snowed, much to our chagrin.  Yesterday I could open the doors and get some fresh air in.  We grilled hot dogs which were accompanied by baked beans, fruit salad, and apple turnovers.  Chris took food home.  I finished a good book (The Bookshop of Yesterdays by Amy Meyerson), and Paul watched Red Sox baseball (as usual).  Chris gave me this lily, and I took the photo a day or so before Easter.  That's why it's dark - we had rain and more rain for a few days before.  As a result, the grass is greening up with the sun on it.

I have been gathering things to take on our trip, and not doing a lot of sewing.  This morning I did make two 6" blocks for my "Dear Yve" quilt, and I began cutting out fabric for another one which will be pieced and appliqued.  The Splendid Sampler 2 is winding down online, as has Moda Blockheads 2.  I wonder if one or the other will have a third rendition.  I like the ease of a block of the week although both quilt-alongs so I just picked and chose whatever appealed.  Sometimes I made something up or made a different block altogether.  I am looking forward to finishing "Dear Yve" and getting started on Jen Kingwell's My Small World, for which I've been gathering fabrics.  I cut out a lot of sky pieces, but I need over 500 1.5" squares so it will take a while.😊

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so nice you didn't have snow for easter!!! I got one of the lilies too for a change and love it - I will plant it after the blossoms die