Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Sunny days

The last few days have been just wonderful, and things are finally greening up outside.  I love spring!  We are leaving tomorrow for two weeks, though, and I hope my tulips wait to bloom until I return.  They are looking really great - the deer have not discovered them!

I took some photos of the recently finished guild mystery quilt that Chris calls a "grandma quilt."  It was a little too sunny on the back porch, but I like the casual look.

I was pleased to see that all the wash-away thread and the marking pen are gone now that it's washed.  I really like the echo quilting in this quilt although it was a bit tedious to do at times.  The finished quilt measures about 53" x 73".  I plan to donate it to some cause eventually, so I guess it will sit in storage for a while.  The "reveal" for mystery quilts is in June.

Today I'll do some house work, laundry, and pack our suitcases for the trip.  If I have time, I may start an appliqued block for my "Dear Yve" quilt.  I made four blocks over the last couple of days to use up some nervous energy.  I did start another good book, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, by Gail Honeyman.  It was billed as "funny," but it's actually a bit sad, yet a page-turner as you know Eleanor will transform in some way.   We leave tomorrow morning for the Netherlands, via car, bus, plane, and finally boat!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun on your trip and family visit - hope everything goes well