Sunday, April 14, 2019

Still quilting

There is a lot of thread in the "grandma" quilt I've been quilting.  I'm about 2/3 of the way finished with the quilting, so I hope to get it done by the end of the week, doing a little bit each day.  Once I get into a rhythm, the process is quite smooth, but still I need to take frequent breaks and ease up on my shoulders.   So, while my days haven't been all that exciting, they have been good (as my banner says).

Yesterday I spent a pleasant half hour at the quilt shop getting more Aurifil gray thread, having finally used up all my King Tut.  I spied a remnant of black on white that I can use in my "Dear Yve" quilt and also saw a nice polka dotted light blue on cream background fabric on sale that I just had to have.  After a nice chat with Paula, I headed home, took a couple of walks and a nap, and made blueberry-peach cobbler with the last of the frozen fruit.   We went over to friends' in the neighborhood for dinner, without putting on our jackets.  We haven't done that since October.  And how nice it is to walk a few houses down the street to spend a pleasant evening!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always nice to be able to take a walk without a jacket! your quilt is neat looking - wish I had a shop near by!