Thursday, September 17, 2020

Finally - photos

I finished this Rainbow Scrappy Star throw a few weeks ago but wanted to wash out all the blue quilting lines before showing it.  I made three or four blocks every month for the rainbow scrap challenge, and it is a good-sized throw that I quilted using my Elna Excellence 720 and a walking foot. The white background gives it a clean, contemporary look, and all of the colored fabrics were scraps, many of them from my 2" square box.  I did use some small prints for some of the backgrounds, just for a little variety.

I am a little disappointed that the colors in the 16 patches ran through the back in some places, but at least they didn't get on the front of this quilt. 

 The three color catchers came out perfectly clean.  I think that with more washing that dye will come out, but I don't want to wash this quilt too much before it is actually used.  I'll save it to give to someone who needs a quilt.  I love how soft it feels after washing, and I love the striped binding.

This month's RSC20 color is red, and I made a couple of red star blocks for the next rainbow scrappy quilt, too.  I'm using gray scrappy backgrounds for this new RSC quilt.  Those scraps sure tend to multiply!


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

every now and then even with pre-washing fabric it seems like I get a couple bright colors that will bleed to the back but the color catchers come out clean. The quilt is really pretty - I bet no one will care about the bleed to the back it isn't the side they will be looking at!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I prewash all my fabrics but sometimes, the bleeding still happens. Lucky for you, it doesn’t show on the front. This is a beautiful scrappy quilt! Great finish,