Saturday, September 5, 2020

Keeping up with the BOMs

 After whipping up eight mug rugs out of Holiday-themed tumblers, I turned my attention to blocks of the month (BOMs).   First up were my "Sisters" quilt along blocks. I had September's Ribbon Star to do, in both the 12" and 6" sizes.


And then there were the January and February blocks I hadn't done - Dutchman's Puzzle and Star of Hope (one of my favorites).


Next I started a bunch of new Rainbow Scrappy Challenge blocks.  This month's color is red, and I decided to make "Pop Star" blocks designed by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co.  I'll use the color of the month to make as many as I'm inclined to make, all using scrappy gray backgrounds.  The blocks finish at 8.5".   I like the way the points float a bit, and of course that makes them easy to set together without sashing.


Somehow that rogue block joined the reds because it is a sample for my online swap group.   We haven't decided what we'll swap next year, but I thought I'd give it a try, and it's easy.

Wishing you all a happy holiday weekend.  Now that I'm retired and because we're staying home more these days, a holiday doesn't affect me too much.  I just wonder if Joann Fabrics will be open?  Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I set out for some sewing machine needles!

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

You made a great start on RED month for the RSC!!

Deb A said...

Those stars in red are great! Love that they allow that wiggle room for setting them. That ribbon star is stunning - great fabric choices. I hope you are able to find the needles today. Joann's should be open.... I picture you driving there (to the berlin mall) then remember it moved down to the old Zayers area. I'm just missing Vermont today.... we did not make it up this summer =(. Stay safe and happy stitching.