Thursday, May 6, 2021

"Holland Memories" is finished!

 My "gridified art quilt" made during an online class with Ricky Tims is ready for show and tell (virtually) on Saturday!


I knuckled down yesterday and sandwiched and quilted it.  Today I made a facing and sewed it to the back by hand.  I only have to finishing stitching the hanging sleeve, and it will be hung in the front hall as a memento of our wonderful cruise through the Netherlands and a bit of Belgium during tulip time in 2019.

I have always wanted to make a landscape using traditional quilt blocks.  Ricky's instructions and mentoring were great, and I do hope to make another some day.  It took me most of a month to do, though, so my next one won't be done any time soon!  I have a few UFOs to catch up on.

And hooray for quilting! This project was a perfect diversion from worry for me right now with Paul still in the hospital.   He has an infection around his heart valve replacement, so is now on a course of antibiotics.   I hope he can be moved to rehab closer to home as soon as treatment stabilizes.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope Paul will be moved to rehab soon - you must be worried so glad they finally figured out what was wrong - interesting wall hanging!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt filled with wonderful memories of your trip. I hope Paul is doing better