Monday, May 24, 2021

May RSC blocks and a decision

I really like my blocks for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I have so many reds in my stash that they are stored in a tub rather than the plastic shoe boxes I use for most colors.  Other colors in tubs are blue, green, purple, pink, and cream (muslin mostly).  My favorite colors.

I like using the Fat Quarter Shop's paper piecing papers for the pineapples.  They come out looking really good, although at 6" I think it will take me ages to make even a crib-sized quilt.  No problem, really, as four is my limit for a session of ripping out the papers!

So I am finally finished with my blocks of the month for May although I do still have my Dear Jen quilt to work on.  I had been trying to make several strips of three 6" blocks each month, but I have been dragging my feet.  I don't really like most of the blocks in the pattern book.  They appear to have been written for hand piecing, and converting the patterns to paper piecing has been a pain.  

This summer I will simply make strips of three of any 6" blocks that I feel like making from The Splendid Sampler I or II, Bonnie Hunter's Addicted to Scraps, my All in One Block Tool, etc.  I have already been doing that to some extent since I've been adding in the guild blocks of the month.  So it will be "Dear Jen-inspired," just as some of my Dear Janes have been.  And I hope to finish more quickly so I can start something else.  I am itching to do so but have too many projects going at once right now.  The blocks from the guild swap for Scrappy Trips Around the World are due June 1 so those will be added to my UFO pile.

No comments: