Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Sold!

I have had an Etsy shop for a long time and only sell one or two items a year.  I take smaller items like table runners and Christmas stockings down to my local florist/gift shop where they generally sell seasonally.  So it was quite a surprise to learn that I sold one of my favorite quilts yesterday via Etsy.

Antelope Canyon was made with two bright jelly rolls and a bunch of black fat quarters.  The pattern was by Laurie Shiffrin, and a friend passed the pattern on to me in 2018.  It took me just two weeks to put together, a record for me.  I worked on it steadily because you had to concentrate to get the circles to show up correctly.  There were no curves to sew, but placement was everything.  I had my friend Marie long arm quilt it in a swirly pattern, and the back is a solid teal.

I packaged the quilt up yesterday afternoon and took it to the post office.  It was a somewhat bittersweet goodbye to this quilt which I really loved working on.  I hope the customer enjoys it.  One benefit to selling this quilt (besides the money) is that it frees up a little room in my quilt closet.  Storage is always an issue for me - I can only pile so many quilts on the bed or fold them into the closet.  I plan to mail a couple of quilts to cousins in Pennsylvania soon, and that will help, too, until I finish a few more UFOs!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congrats! I think about a shop from time to time - I used to sell a couple a year at a museum gift shop in our state but never knew what to price them and know I didn't always get what they were worth - I stopped awhile back instead piling them up to gift at some point I guess