Monday, May 17, 2021

Spring is busting out all over

The flowering crab tree in our front yard burst into bloom yesterday, as did our old lilac bush.  I took a walk around the neighborhood early and was blown away by the brilliant greens, pinks, purples, and whites everywhere.  After a long, gray winter, it is a totally different world out there.  What a relief!  As a guy with a camera said to me, "this is why we live here."  We endure the cold and snow for these wonderful spring days.

I'm sorry I didn't stop to take a picture - this one's from 2016.  The upstairs window is my sewing room, and, when I sit at my machine, I feel I'm right in the middle of all that loveliness.  I did make a couple more Harriet's Journey blocks yesterday and have two more to make for this month's quota of eight.  

I still have several blocks of the month to finish for various projects in order to keep up, but I suspect that, when Paul gets home, I'll be home a lot, sewing.  Still to be done:  RSC 20 (Pop Stars and Pineapples) and Dear Jen.  And on June 1, block swap blocks from 22 guild members will be arriving in our garage for swapping, with pick up over the following weekend.

Our Governor has lifted the mask order for everyone outdoors and for vaccinated people everywhere except public transportation and health care facilities.  I still plan to wear a mask in most stores, and of course I'll be wearing one at the hospital when I go to visit Paul.  It was great to go maskless to Christine's for dinner Friday night and to see my brother Rob and his wife Linda yesterday.  They drove up to Boston Saturday, then here (a 3.5 hour drive) for Sunday lunch, and then back home to NJ via Boston. 

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is nice seeing other vaccinated people without a mask isn't it. I'm afraid a lot that haven't been vaccinated have never worn a mask and will go without too I guess we will find out if numbers start to go up a lot in the next week or two.
Is Paul facing a long recovery - and I assume that will be to get his strength back in the upcoming weeks.