Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Just a little sewing

 

The tulips on the sunny side of the house are almost finished blooming, but the daffodils have finally popped.  Aren't these fun?  I planted some last fall from a bag marked "mixed daffodils," and it was quite a surprise to see the doubles and the littler, lighter colored daffodils pop out.  They look so cheerful on the shady front of the house.  And we need lots of cheer lately because it keeps threatening to rain almost every day.  

Of course, rain is what makes our Green Mountains green so I really shouldn't complain.  On my almost daily drives to Burlington I love seeing the many shades of spring and the flowering trees tucked in here and there.  Vermont is really beautiful, especially in very slow-to-arrive spring.

After three long weeks, Paul appears to be getting better, but we do expect he'll be either in the hospital or at a rehab center for several more weeks.  I'm getting used to the hour long commute, and it seems to do him good to have me there as he naps or eats a little bit.  He has lost a lot of weight so needs to build back up now.  I've been reading a lot, which is fine.

I did manage to make three "Options" blocks for this month along with some extra pinwheels for sashing or borders.  Aby's directions are so clear and easy to follow and adapt.

The guild block for May, Friendship Star, was finished long ago and is ready to mail June 1 to the lottery winner.  And now I'm working on this month's eight blocks for Harriet's Journey.   More "Moody Bloom" fabric arrived yesterday so that I can vary the colors a bit more.  It's going to be a lovely sampler.

I sew a little before I head over to Burlington and a little after I get home.  Quilting is great for the soul.  Unfortunately, I have living room curtains to shorten also, but maybe I will just resort of stitch witchery for that dull job.  The dining room curtains I shortened with it are holding up well after 10 years!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope Paul will be transferred closer to home to make that drive shorter each day - that much take a lot our of you - glad he is improving - hope recovery goes a lot faster now.
I think taking the easy way for the curtains should be fine!