Tuesday, June 15, 2021

June's blocks of the month

 I've been catching up on this month's blocks of the month.  First, I worked on "Options," with black, white and red.  Aby chose variations on sawtoothed stars, which were easy although I goofed on the center hourglasses, but I may use all the extras somewhere else in the quilt.

This is going to be a nice quilt with 8" blocks, perhaps on point, sashing (black? white?), and cornerstones.  I love the fussy cut center on the block on the right.  It's from a couple of pieces of rather ancient "redwork" printed fabric.

Next, I worked on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.   The color of the month is purple, and I have lots!  It was hard to pick which two prints to  use for the "Pop Stars" blocks.  In the end, I chose two pretty florals that I have a little trouble matching with other fabrics.   

Then, I tackled the four 6" purple pineapple blocks for the month.  I had a lot of strings that I could use for those.  I am getting more comfortable with paper piecing, so it doesn't take me very long to make these.  Taking the paper off is OK if one is watching TV.

Tomorrow I'll work on some Harriet's Journey blocks, and then my blocks for the month will be done.  I have a couple of "secret pal" projects I'm working on, too, so those will be next up.  



No comments: