Sunday, November 7, 2021

Distracted by knitting

Some days, I just want to sit and knit instead of read or sew.  I made a few hats, scarves, and fingerless mitts this year and gave them to Bags of Love which puts together bags of necessities for children in foster care.  Their response was so positive that I started to work on a few more items.  I found a leftover skein of a soft acrylic yarn called "Bloom" and made a hat.  It will be sweet on a little girl.

I mentioned a few posts ago that I had been knitting a sweater for myself and really found it tedious.  Paul was shocked to see me unknitting almost an entire skein of light blue acrylic blend, but I just couldn't stand working on the difficult pattern any more.  I knew it would take years to finish, if ever! 

That same day, I started on a much easier scarf which I have been happily knitting on for the last week.  It's coming along great and is a nice thing to work on while watching TV.  The pattern is a lacy rib from a book of patterns.  It has just enough variation to keep me going, and it looks pretty on both sides.

I have been sewing a little bit, too.  I made four Christmassy pineapple blocks for my RSC box and have also been working on a small quilt using yoyos and scraps.  Our guild has a yard square challenge going on this year, and I plan to make something reversible.   I have plenty of time to figure this out since we won't be revealing til spring.

My Christmas package for the Netherlands is all ready to mail - I use M&Ms for packing and my Dutch sister uses Indonesian chips in return.  I'll take it to the post office tomorrow and also get a small box to mail to Cindy in California.  It's great to get this going early - almost like finishing a UFO!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have done that with knitting!! it is so nice that if you don't like it or decide the pattern is not right you can rip it all out