Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Holidays

 

The last two packages went in the mail yesterday, and now I can work on our Christmas letters.  I always mail the international ones first and even have a bunch of stamps ready to go.

I think I'm finished shopping for the guys, too, although I'll probably pick up some stocking stuffers here and there in the next few weeks.  Our Thanksgiving dinner is planned  - a small ham and all the "trimmings" (whatever those really are).  An apple pie made by the Presbyterian Church ladies is waiting for us in the freezer.  

Holiday gift sewing is all finished, too.  The basket is for some neighbors and will have candy and some homemade rolls in it.  The pattern came from McCall's Quick Quilts; untie the ribbons to store it flat.  The binding was the worst part of this little project.  I finished a table runner for another set of neighbors and hope to get a picture today.  It's been so gloomy lately - it's November, after all - that photo taking can be unreliable.

This promises to be a calmer week than last when I had meetings, Paul got his booster shot and needed to go to the optician to fix broken glasses, and there were quite a few other errands.  Today I'll have a pedicure with my friend Debb and hope to stop by the library to see all the Christmas trees being set up by various community groups.  It's a "Light Up the Library" fundraiser that we hope will become an annual event.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like a busy time! I don't think I have known neighbors well enough to feel like I needed to exchange Christmas presents with them! I'm glad my list is short - not that I don't like the idea of giving and receiving presents but I guess I find preparing for the holidays stressful maybe and do not like coming up with ideas for presents.