Sunday, June 12, 2022

A few June projects

Because we will be heading to Mom's birthday festivities in Colorado soon, I haven't spent a lot of time sewing.  I did make a blue pineapple block as part of the RSC (June's color is dark/medium blue).


I also made a house block using Moda's "Brickhouse" pattern.  I don't really like the results and now I'm wondering how I'll set those houses with some of the other house blocks I've been making.  I decided to set them all aside until after I return from Colorado.  I may get inspired - at least I hope so.  This is how UFOs are born.

I also worked on embroidering the crazy block I made a few months ago at guild.  I was hoping Bronwen would be at Saturday's meeting, but she couldn't come.  I wanted some advice on what more to do, but I just forged ahead.  

I'm thinking of making a pillow out of this because I don't really feel like making any more blocks.  Embroidery is really not my thing, and I really want to get back to making a quilt with hankies.

Today I started working on the June assignment for the Bonnie Hunter Unity quilt, which my guild is working on as a quilt along.  Lots of mindless cutting and sewing awaits for this round.  I need 172 half square triangles, and I got about half of them cut before I stopped.  I sure hope I don't run out of yellow fabric before this is finished.  I think I have a yard left.  I do like the paper plate method for organizing these parts.  I also have to cut 68 navy and 68 light blue 2.5"squares.  I already have enough of an assortment of neutral squares cut to make the 8" blocks all these pieces go into.  Phew!


.


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun in Colorado when you go - I hope it won't be too hot!!