Friday, June 3, 2022

Fun foodie times

 


I saw this on Bonnie Hunter's blog today and just had to laugh.  Ain't it the truth?!?  My friend Pam and I met for breakfast on Tuesday and had some delicious bagels with cream cheese.  No guilt but, afterwards, we did talk about now hard it is to lose weight at "our age."  Today Paul and I are meeting Bob and Pauline for lunch at a great burger place, and tomorrow Mary and Manny are coming for dinner.  Fun times do revolve around food, but it's fine, really.  

I've been reading What Happened to the Bennetts? by Lisa Scottoline, quite a page-turner.  I take breaks periodically to sew, and yesterday I finished a quilt top using a line of fabric by Robin Pickens called "Tulip Tango."  I guess I'll call the quilt that, too, until I can think of another name.  I love the mix of pinks and lime greens in this quilt which features Sawtooth Stars in various sizes - 4", 6", 8", and 12".

Today and this weekend I'll work on miscellaneous blocks of the month - a 12" basket for guild, 6" rosebuds for an online swap, and some RSC blocks.  I need to get busy with the cake blocks for a swap I'm in, too, but I want to put some ricrac between the layers and keep forgetting to run over to Joann's for some.  When I finish all of these miscellaneous things, I'll start working on the Unity quilt round for this month with all its fiddly pieces.  This is next-to-last round with lots of HSTs has been intimidating me for some time.  I'll take it easy and hope to finish by July.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't always read Bonnie's blog her advertisements pop up all over the place and can drive you crazy while you try to read it but I so agree with the 15 pounds! for me it is 10 LOL and year everything seems to revolve around food