Thursday, June 1, 2023

Catching up

 

Sometimes it seems like all I do is catch up on various projects and don't finish much.  When I look at my list of finished things, I see I actually do get things done.  But I always have a to-do list anyway.




Here is this month's Heart of Vermont guild block of the month.  I wasn't late, but it was on my mind since the last meeting, so I got it done over the weekend.  It is to depict a Memorial Day poppy, and I love red and white together.  I made myself one, too, and this one is for the monthly swap.  Lately, I don't put my name in for the swap since I won the purple hearts earlier this year.  One win a year is plenty for me!

The next thing on my agenda was to catch up on the monthly Rows Parade and since I had the red box out, I decided to make my April plus signs in reds and prints.  It's been so long that I worked on it that I forgot which size quilt I'd planned to make.  So I made all that's required for the queen sized quilt.  If I decide to make a smaller quilt, I'll just make a table runner or something with the leftovers.

If I do make the queen-sized quilt, I'll stagger the blocks with plain fabric as shown on my design wall.  But for now, I'm not putting any month's blocks together until I decide on the size and arrangement.  I also have some multi-colored nine patches, hearts, and blue criss-cross blocks.

See that piece of paper in the top right corner by the blocks?  That's my to-do list which has quite a few things crossed off.   I'm making progress!

Next were the May square in a square blocks for the Rows Parade, and I decided to make them in orange and yellow since I hadn't used that color yet.  Initially, this was to be part of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year, but I haven't been working on it for several months.  I like yellow and orange together, so I decided to dip into those boxes of scraps.


Today I started making the June blocks which are four patches surrounded by solidish fabrics.  I made the four patches and will cut the surrounding fabrics out later today or tomorrow.  

We had errands to run, followed by a little gardening and cooking.  I like to make dinner salads in the mornings on hot days (it's supposed to be near 90 later today).  Today's will be a pasta salad with tuna and pineapple.  Guess I chose pineapple because of making the square in a square blocks!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pasta salad sounds great - thanks for the idea! Looks like you are staying busy - sorry it is getting so hot though - that is like what it is here.