Sunday, June 18, 2023

Quilting another one

Yesterday, it rained hard almost the whole day.  We only left the house to go to the library for some DVDs to watch when we can't agree on anything to stream.  Unfortunately, it turned out Behaving Badly wasn't all that great, so we'll be taking it back soon.

I put a binding on the Hunters Star quilt on Thursday but haven't had a chance to take a picture due to the rain.  Maybe later today?  

Meanwhile, I got out the first section of the latest hankie quilt to sandwich and start quilting.  It looks like it will end up being around 63" x 63", which I could do all in one piece.  But I would really like to take some time to quilt each block in its own way, so I'll have to manipulate it quite a bit.  Quilting in two sections seems sensible for this.  Some parts may even need to be quilted by hand due to the uneven lacey edges.  It's going to be very pretty when done.

I signed up to be certified to use the longarm machine at the Gypsy Moth Quilt Shop in July.  I'm hoping to get a handle on the rest of my UFOs waiting to be quilted.  While I was at the shop, I picked up the two fat eighths required for the shop's mini quilt show and contest.  I hung them on my design wall in hopes that I will be inspired.  So far, no luck!