Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Finally, sun!

We got out fairly early today to go to the dump with our old grill.  Couldn't close the back of the hatch so it flopped all the way up some steep hills to the industrial park.  We had to go slowly because of the hatch,  but also because we were behind some line painting vehicles.  It was quite an adventure but they took the old grill for free.  Phew!  Our "new" (to us) grill cost $40 at a yard sale, and we don't expect it to last as long as the old one.  But the steak we had Sunday night was just fine.

The sky had turned a brilliant blue by the time we got home, so I went right to work, taking pictures of quilts I've finished lately.  First, is Arboretum, which has a few blocks made by others in my online group.  I love this throw and hope it will sell!  A contractor driving by admired it which is a good sign. 

I quilted this simply, with vertical lines through the stems, and it has an orange batik binding.  I have more of that batik and hope to use it again soon.

Next up was the colorful Hunters Star, scrappy, double-sized, and cut using my AccuQuilt.  I hope never to make another.  There are a lot of pieces in every 12" block.  The block backgrounds are various scraps of gray, and the back is a nice swirly piece I bought at Joann's.  Marie quilted it on her longarm with swirls, too.  

It measures 84" x 84".  I make a lot of square quilts, which I like because you can turn them regularly to avoid fading, and they still fit however you turn them.

Today, I'm going to list both of these quilts on etsy before going back to machine quilting my blue and white hankie quilt for a while.  Then I'm going to dip back into Murder at Haven's Rock, by Kelley Armstrong, a new sequel to the "Rockton" series.  I borrowed it from the library, and it's due Saturday.  Luckily, it moves right along.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

both quilts turned out great - I doubt I will make another Hunter's Star either - lots of pieces