Friday, August 11, 2023

Honorable mention!

The small quilt I entered into the Gypsy Moth Quilt Shop's summer contest won an Honorable Mention this week!  Today I hope to go over and get a look at it and the other entries.  Like a few other quilters I know, I wasn't thrilled with the fabric we needed to use - the floral that I used for the flower's center and the aqua that I used for the flower pot.  So I'll be curious to see what others did with that pesky fabric.

Also on the schedule today are a trip to the bank, baking a cake for tomorrow's guild board meeting, and baking another loaf of bread using the "5 minutes a day" method.  (This takes a lot longer than 5 minutes - 40 min.. to shape and rise, 40 min. to bake, and 2 hours to cool before cutting.)  In between I do a little more quilting on the "Floody Cabin" quilt.


No comments: